Cletrac.org
December 16, 2017, 05:51:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 8/27/14 - I just doubled the allowable attachment size to 900 KB and upped the attachment folder size. You can make your attachments bigger and easier to view now. We have much more space available than we used to.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Member  (Read 315 times)
Glen
phpBB Apprentice

View Profile
« on: March 23, 2017, 11:59:46 AM »

Have used the AG6H on and off for 55 years.  Started by putting a foot on the tank to pull the brakes.  Had to wedge down in front of seat to use clutch.  Was told when in trouble turn off ignition, don't recall that happening.  This is after about 5 years of experience with a Ford 8N, but that is another story.

The tractor is tired, would like to return to service.  Common problem, as with others here, track chain.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 12:08:14 PM by Glen » Logged

Glen
AG6H
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 09:55:19 PM »

Welcome aboard Glen! I too learned on an 8N, then a Leader tractor that was similar in size to an 8N. Then I kinda restored my General that had been in our family since new. Then graduated to the bigger stuff. I was able to drive around our OC-96 when I was pretty small as it took no physical effort to go back and forth and steer. Wish we still had it.

Blake

My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: