Cletrac.org
September 21, 2017, 02:35:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 11/28/12 - Added a Calendar where members can post and view upcoming events, shows, etc.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: intro post!  (Read 66 times)
Technician117
phpBB Junior Operator

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2017, 12:25:26 PM »

Hey guys. My name is Tim. I hail from Buffalo, NY. Land of endless snow according to the outside world. :-)

I inherited what I've learned is a first generation OC4. My grandfather put the machine together out of pieces. I know he put a rebuilt short block in it and I believe he went through the entire machine while reassembling. I think he only used it a few times before parking it. As a side note, I found the original short block in his shop and in another corner I think there is a transmission/drive unit? Might have something wrong with it.

I intend to get her running and driving again so I can use it for a few small jobs. Maybe someday I'll do more of a restoration, but for now I need to go through the mechanicals again... much like my grandfather did. He never cared much for aesthetics.

Tim

OC4
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 07:41:31 PM »

Welcome aboard Tim! I'm in NW Pennsylvania, about 30 miles south of Erie, so I know what snow is like. We don't get as much as you guys, but we do pretty good. Blake

My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.
Technician117
phpBB Junior Operator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 09:15:23 AM »

Thanks! It seems a lot of you guys are clustered in Pa and surrounding NE states. Having Zimmerman and Oliver Chris not too far away is helpful as well!

Cheers

Tim

OC4
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: