Cletrac.org
October 17, 2017, 08:43:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wishing you folks all a very Merry Christmas! From Blake Malkamaki and Cletrac.org.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cletrac Model BGSH  (Read 26 times)
hsaele12
phpBB Junior Operator

View Profile
« on: October 10, 2017, 07:40:55 AM »

This is my first post on this site, I acquired my BGSH about 25 years ago and it has be in my quonset ever since.  The engine was half ripped apart at that time and missing parts.  I removed it at that time and found it to be in ruff shape.  As time pasted an older friend of mine told me he had a 27 Massey Harris Combine in an old shed with a Hercules engine in it.  He had purchased this machine new and the engine was original.  Massey used the Hercules engine for one year.  He never told me that I could take the engine out.  Again time pasted and as he got older one day he said "you better get that engine" which I did with the help of my Son-in-law, he passed away about 8 months later.  It was also stored in my Quonset for many years (maybe 10), last week I loaded it and took it from the farm to my home and am now starting to work on it.  It appears to be a perfect fit as best I can see.  I haven't  even checked to see if it will turn over.  Over the years I have placed diesel fuel in cylinders and also a mix of ATF and Acetone. 
So that is my story, I have never driven a crawler and am how 72 years old so if I plan to drive this one I better get to it.
My BGSH has the serial # 8C960 and looks to have been built in 1946.  I don't know much about it, it never has had a blade on it and appears to have only been used as a pull crawler.  The sheet metal is in good condition, I will see if I can post a few pictures in the future.  One thing I know for sure is I have a lot to learn about this machine, any advice you guys have will be greatly appreciated.   

1 - BGSH Cletrac pull crawler mfg date 1946
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: