Cletrac.org
January 19, 2018, 12:24:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wishing you folks all a very Merry Christmas! From Blake Malkamaki and Cletrac.org.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trying to remove K20 engine  (Read 69 times)
Cord
phpBB Junior Operator

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2018, 05:04:19 PM »

After everything is disconnected, does the engine slide forward to disengage the clutch?  Doesnít want to move forward, but I really donít have leverage. Trying to determine if I should apply a little force or Iím missing something important.
Bill Kycia
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 10:08:11 PM »

Tim, its Bill  The bolts that hold the engine to the frame have sleeves thru the block and into the frame.Use a punch to drive the sleeves out.The engine should slide very easy on the frame rails  forward with just a tug.Also there are 2 bolts/screws that hold clutch peddle yoke to the throwout coupler that have to come out also.c Clutch input shaft will stay with engine when it slides forward.  Hope this helps.  There also some times shims between block feet and frame rails.  Bill  CT.
Cord
phpBB Junior Operator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 01:31:05 PM »

Thanks Bill, it's the sleeves that I must have been missing.  Engine was way too solid for having all of it's bolts removed.  I saw the shims, but strangely, there were only 4 engine bolts.
Bill Kycia
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 07:20:56 PM »

Glad to help. I think k 20s have 8 bolts holding down engine.   Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: