Cletrac.org
June 16, 2019, 07:37:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wishing you folks all a very Merry Christmas! From Blake Malkamaki and Cletrac.org.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oc 4 not getting warm  (Read 439 times)
we@nb
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« on: December 15, 2018, 05:20:57 PM »

I noticed that according to the tempgauge the engine was not getting warm .no movement on gauge. This was new .In the past it showed working temp on gauge. I got a new gauge as a remote read themo showed at least 180 on block. I confirmed the new gauge was working by putting it in pot of water on stove . At 200 according to therrmo the gauge was in run zone . But after install new gauge wont come up either . I took out thermostat and confirmed it is closed cold and open around 180.
    So I am stumped . Can anyone tell me what the head should read with remote temp gauge . What happens if engine runs cold to much? Why would it run cold ,if it is.

wre Chamcook  NB
Jack in NB
phpBB Jobsite Boss

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 05:53:52 PM »

Hello, fellow NB'er!

Reading your post, my first reaction was that the new gauge got busted when installed. I've twisted that fine tube off on occasion.

I'd pull it and recheck.

Jack Wetmore in F'ton.

1952 OC 3 6WH994
we@nb
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 03:25:55 PM »

Thanks for the reply jack. I rechecked the gauge ,it is definitly working and today it moved off peg a little after an hour of plowing snow . Guess I will replace thermostat.

Do you know a source ?

wre Chamcook  NB
we@nb
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 11:16:05 AM »

I found a thermo. At the parts store (chevy small bock) that fit. I tested it in hot water and installed it .Still no joy . Remote therm reads only 100 F  where the temp sensor mounts on the head. That after 1/2 hour running . Huh Anyone ?

wre Chamcook  NB
Jack in NB
phpBB Jobsite Boss

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 05:53:09 PM »

Could the bulb hole be filled with sediment and blocked, preventing coolant from reaching the bulb?

Ran into that recently on an inoperative pressure gauge on a water system.

1952 OC 3 6WH994
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: