Cletrac.org
May 24, 2020, 04:26:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wishing you folks all a very Merry Christmas! From Blake Malkamaki and Cletrac.org.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HG Clutch question  (Read 78 times)
donlaflam
phpBB Apprentice

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2020, 10:38:17 AM »

Good morning everyone-

I am a new to this group and a new HG owner with some basic mechanical knowledge, but learning as I go.  last fall the clutch stopped functioning on my HG, I tried many of the tips I found online about putting a load on, etc, however I decided to pull it into the barn and take it apart along with a few other projects that needed to be done on it. 

I pulled the case yesterday and found that the friction plate was totally shot.  I'll be replacing that along with the majority of the bearings inside.  My question, however is in regard to the springs within the assembly.  should I replace these?  they seem to function properly, however due to their age i'm sure they have lost some of their tension.

the two i am most concerned about are :

1.  Throw out sleeve spring  112754
2.  Yoke rod spring  37202

any advice you could offer would be most helpful.

thanks in advance,
Don
Robert Barbour
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 09:31:39 PM »

The rod spring 37202 is the return spring and should have pressure on the housing when the clutch is engaged.  The sleeve spring is an anti rattle spring the holds the release bearing on the yoke.  The important thing is to have the 3 112 211 screws all set to the correct length.

Robert from Vancouver Island BC
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: