Cletrac.org
October 21, 2014, 11:45:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 8/27/14 - I just doubled the allowable attachment size to 900 KB and upped the attachment folder size. You can make your attachments bigger and easier to view now. We have much more space available than we used to.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grease Vs Oil  (Read 11053 times)
John
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2004, 02:21:50 AM »

I'm not saying grease instead of oil...been around modern equipment for 25 years,all CAT rollers use oil now...will use oil on my OC-3 when restoration is complete,the yard dog HG will run grease in its rollers until they completely fail...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by John » Logged
pipefitter72
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2004, 09:40:23 AM »

check at the Harley Davidson or custom cycle shops.Many carry heavy single viscocity oils.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by pipefitter72 » Logged
yorkyjer
phpBB Master Operator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2012, 08:40:19 AM »

Huh....What kind of pump do I need to git the oil into these funny type fittings that are on these tractors, and where can I buy one ?
hotratz
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2012, 01:22:13 PM »

You should be able to buy a lube gun from Napa already set-up for button head fittings.

Bob
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2012, 05:41:31 PM »

Emblem makes 50 wt oil.

Certified Cletrac-tard
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2012, 05:27:18 PM »

Have you bought any lately Bob? Who has it? I know West Penn Oil in Warren, Pa had it, but I guess they have gone out of business. I believe Emblem is made by United Refining in Warren. Does American Refining in Bradford make any 50 wt?

Emblem makes 50 wt oil.

My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.
Bob
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2012, 07:30:59 PM »

Not that I know of Blake. I believe Saterlee is where I bought it from.

Certified Cletrac-tard
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2012, 08:37:31 PM »

Is Saterlee the oil supplier you buy from? I don't know them. I need to check with Bayless Fuels in Titusville as they sell Brad Penn oils. I need to get a couple 5 gallon pails of 50 wt so we can pull my OC-12 steering apart.

My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.
Bob
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2012, 07:14:20 PM »

We buy some oil from Saterlee

Certified Cletrac-tard
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: