Cletrac.org
August 10, 2022, 09:13:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 8/27/14 - I just doubled the allowable attachment size to 900 KB and upped the attachment folder size. You can make your attachments bigger and easier to view now. We have much more space available than we used to.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Track Adjustment  (Read 4320 times)
wkz231
« on: August 08, 2004, 08:52:12 PM »

I have just purchsed a Cle-Trac 35 ( so I am told) which is in decent running shape with a flat head in line 6.  The only problem is the right track is loose and pops under load.  I can not get the adjuster to move either direction.  Which way should it rotate?  If it is fully out can I remove a link or do I need to fully rework the track assembly?  This is my first tracked vehicle and local expertiese is slim indeed.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by wkz231 » Logged
Ray
phpBB Jobsite Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 08:29:59 AM »

First, by all means do not take a link out of your track, If your track adjustment is all the way out you need to take your tracks to a track shop and have the pins and bushings turned 180 degrees, this will tighten the track again.

Also, the track adjuster should just be a big nut that turns ccw to tighten the tracks. There may be a bolt to loosen the nut before you can turn it, I'll have to check.
Good Luck,
Ray
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Ray » Logged

My comments are not meant to discourage other members from posting, I encourage everyone to voice their opinion.
VENDOR: Zimmerman Oliver-Cletrac
Parts for Oliver and Cletrac Crawlers is our specialty.
www.olivercletrac.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: