Cletrac.org
September 22, 2019, 09:40:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wishing you folks all a very Merry Christmas! From Blake Malkamaki and Cletrac.org.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cletrac BDH militery connection  (Read 1818 times)
cletracboy
phpBB Jobsite Boss

View Profile WWW
« on: November 29, 2004, 02:32:02 PM »

I've been stripping paint on my BDH and have found that under the orange wich I know was applied fairly late in its life there's yellow, then Kahki green. This looks like a militery colour to me. So I wonderd wether my tractor is ex militery.  It's from the second world war and it has an angle blade and cable control unit, but it has an English distributers plate.  As the Green appears to be the firts colour it was painted I have three theorys. A: It is ex US Army and was used here during the war, and was then sold off after the war perhaps being sold on by Blaw Knox ( the distributer) and painted yellow as its a pretty standard colour for construction kit. B: It was brought by an English construction contractor from BlawKnox in green to avoid becoming an obvious target for the Crout's. C: it was brought by the british army, although I would have thought they would buy direct.  Can anyone help or share there thoughts. Sam
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by cletracboy » Logged

I live in England, got interested in Cletrac's when I brought an Oliver BD in 2001, I now have an Oliver BD a Cletrac BDH and another BDH for parts and have just brought a 1919 model H. I also have a british built Track Marshall 90.  Always keen to hear from fellow collectors.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: