Cletrac.org
July 01, 2022, 12:21:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 8/27/14 - I just doubled the allowable attachment size to 900 KB and upped the attachment folder size. You can make your attachments bigger and easier to view now. We have much more space available than we used to.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cletrac Literature as a source of information  (Read 8253 times)
John D
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« on: February 16, 2005, 06:05:32 PM »

I watch people spend a lot of money for Cletrac brochures for their private collections.   I've lost out on a lot of auctions for those brochures.

Then I think of those of us trying to properly restore a machine, trying to get the appropriate decals in the correct sizes and places.

I would be willing to help compile an archive for the Forum to aid in Decal Type, Size & Placement across all models.  

Original Cletrac Photo and Printed Material sources would be a great help.  And if you didn't know, Blake can cut the decals.  

Besides the standard oval logo, I am looking for a decent clear photo of the operator instruction decal for my 1946 Model A - I would like to have that recreated.  I'll bet there's a demand for them too!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by John D » Logged

John D
If you want to do what you want to do, you have to do what you have to do.
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 08:04:07 PM »

I moved it over to Product and Accessory since it is still Cletrac related.

Some of the smaller items like decals and stickers for instructions can probably not be cut from vinyl as I do. However they can be silk screened. I don't do that. I may someday get into printed vinyl and I am sure that they could be done with that process.

If anyone will help John D with compiling logos and decals for the different models, please mail really sharp copies to him, or scan them at about 1200 dpi and save them as tiff files. In order to creat the Adobe Illustrator files to cut in vinyl we need to have really sharp pictures.

Blake
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Blake » Logged

My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.
Ray
phpBB Jobsite Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2005, 07:16:25 AM »

John,
I would be willing to help with any Cletrac decal placement,
Also, I have the operator instuction decal available.
Ray
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Ray » Logged

My comments are not meant to discourage other members from posting, I encourage everyone to voice their opinion.
VENDOR: Zimmerman Oliver-Cletrac
Parts for Oliver and Cletrac Crawlers is our specialty.
www.olivercletrac.com
John D
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 09:02:06 PM »

Quote from: "Ray"
John,
I would be willing to help with any Cletrac decal placement,
Also, I have the operator instuction decal available.
Ray

Thanks Ray, I bought a set from you folks at Zimmermans - they are still waiting for me to finish up the job and put them on.

And a big THANKS to Landis for repairing my broken track last spring.  I enjoyed the brief visit to your shop, and look forward to returning this year for the full tour.

I had fun getting the track out from under the AG-6, loaded into my truck for the ride down and back, then installing onto the tractor, using a worn out old Ford 8N Sherman Power Digger backhoe to do the heavy work, which it barely managed to do.  I admit to getting it done rather quickly, only to realize I had put it on backwards.  Took it off again and put it on right.  Guess I needed the practice.  LOL
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by John D » Logged

John D
If you want to do what you want to do, you have to do what you have to do.
Bob
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 11:14:29 PM »

I have a pile of books and brochures. The next time I go to Blake's I will take them and let him go thru them to see what we can get. Maybe we can even scan some brochures and put them on the website for others to enjoy.

Bob

Certified Cletrac-tard
hotratz
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 08:41:09 PM »

Has anyone gotten any farther on this issue? I sure would like to see some good decal placement photo's for my early OC-4. Most are somewhat easy to figure out generally but exact placement for some of the obscure ones would be nice.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: