Cletrac.org
September 21, 2019, 02:19:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 8/27/14 - I just doubled the allowable attachment size to 900 KB and upped the attachment folder size. You can make your attachments bigger and easier to view now. We have much more space available than we used to.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Cletrac chat room!  (Read 6652 times)
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« on: March 07, 2005, 06:23:48 AM »

I just added a new chat room at http://http://cletrac.org/chat/phpMyChat.php3

Give it a try. Maybe someone will take the lead and arrange certain times where Cletrac and Oliver fans can get together.

Blake
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Blake » Logged

My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 07:59:00 PM »

Is anyone interested in setting up some times and being around to participate in the chats? Just choose a certain time every week and we'll try to get some folks together. We can have chats on various subjects.

This is for you guys to have fun!!

My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.
John D
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005, 08:41:00 PM »

Quote from: "Blake"
Is anyone interested in setting up some times and being around to participate in the chats? Just choose a certain time every week and we'll try to get some folks together. We can have chats on various subjects.

This is for you guys to have fun!!

I tried it on Friday night - had a chat with Rusty.  My first time in a chat room!

Go to Polls - I've set up a question about time there.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by John D » Logged

John D
If you want to do what you want to do, you have to do what you have to do.
rustyiron2
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2005, 06:53:53 PM »

Hello Blake,
I have been thinking of an idea for the chat room. I dont want to be speaking out of place as Im a new comer here, but I belong to a few groups on Yahoo that they have a set time for the chat room its like Thursday night from 7pm till Huh when ever. There is a good turn out most of the time. I know not everyone would agree on the same time but maybe it would be possible to have more than one time to! I think that its a good learning tool as well. You can learn alot more and get to know some of the members when your haveing a conversation so to speak. Anyhow just my thoughts. Keep up the great work !
Wade
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by rustyiron2 » Logged
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2005, 07:06:32 PM »

Quote from: "rustyiron2"
Hello Blake,
I have been thinking of an idea for the chat room. I dont want to be speaking out of place as Im a new comer here, but I belong to a few groups on Yahoo that they have a set time for the chat room its like Thursday night from 7pm till Huh when ever. There is a good turn out most of the time. I know not everyone would agree on the same time but maybe it would be possible to have more than one time to! I think that its a good learning tool as well. You can learn alot more and get to know some of the members when your haveing a conversation so to speak. Anyhow just my thoughts. Keep up the great work !
Wade

Hi Wade,

If you go to the poll part of the forum, John D. is trying to see what time of the week most folks are interested in chatting. He gives a choice of each evening of the week.

I agree the chats are interesting and I think they'll catch on over time. Unfortunately, with my schedule, I will only be able to join in the chats on a random basis. I'll mostly be able to chat while I'm on nights at work. Day shift is just too busy. Weekends might work too.

Take care and thanks for participating!

Skizick
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 10:37:45 PM »

Have tried a few times to get to the chat room but Marange or somthin like that times out before the room opens.  Is my hookup just too slow?  Thanks, Skizick
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Skizick » Logged
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2008, 12:23:13 AM »

Quote from: "Skizick"
Have tried a few times to get to the chat room but Marange or somthin like that times out before the room opens.  Is my hookup just too slow?  Thanks, Skizick

Skizick,
I don't think the chat room is working anymore. I should take the link to it down when I get a chance. Sorry.

Blake

Skizick
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2008, 11:09:46 AM »

Thanks for the heads up on that.  Thanks for the great site.  Skizick
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Skizick » Logged
Blake Malkamaki
Administrator
phpBB THE Boss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 12:05:35 AM »

You're welcome.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: