I have an OC-12 that I bought on e-bay. It runs well and the hydraulics are good, but it is going to need some track work. Looks like the left idler needs to be rebuilt and it needs about half the rollers rebuilt or replaced. Also might need some chain work. I don't have it apart yet. My question is, do I rebuild or do I re-sell this thing. Any suggestions are appreciated.
It depends on what shape it is in, how much you paid for it and how much more you will have in it. But I would say that it is probably worth it.
Bob
I have about $3000 into it including the shipping to get it here. I looked it more closley and it is going to need 4 lower roller assemblies and 2 u
pper track roller assemblies. Also the left idler shaft,bearings and yoke.Also a radiator. Every thing else seems to work good. Do you have any idea what my costs might be? This is the first crawler I have owned and or even operated. Again any help is appreciated. Thanks.
You could have most of that stuff repaired at a machine shop. They don't work for cheap though. I think most shops get around $50 per hour. I'm sure it would take a couple hours to rebuild one.
Call Zimerman's. They would have a better idea than I would about new/used ones.
Bob
Thanks, I will call them in the morning.