Cletrac.org

Cletrac Tractor Discussion => All Models Except HG, OC-3, OC-4 & General => Topic started by: Blake Malkamaki on July 11, 2006, 09:08:48 PM

Title: How much oil in E transmission
Post by: Blake Malkamaki on July 11, 2006, 09:08:48 PM
I don't have my books handy, so does anyone know offhand how much oil the Cletrac E transmission holds? It would be the same as an A, except the A transmission oil goes into the final drives too.

I'm going to pick up some SAE 50 non-detergent tomorrow in Titusville.

Thanks,
Blake
Title: E trans.
Post by: walter hudson on July 11, 2006, 09:56:06 PM
My instruction book says:trans. case 6 gal.,each rear wheel gear housing 2 qts.
 If you are able, post a few pictures from your local show.
                                                     Walter
Title:
Post by: Blake Malkamaki on July 11, 2006, 10:21:59 PM
Thanks Walter.

I'm just getting 5 gallons of oil tomorrow - mostly for the track frame reservoirs for the lower track wheels. I'll change the transmission later on.

You can see some past pictures from our show at http://little-mountain.com/pioneer/Pages/2004pics.html (http://little-mountain.com/pioneer/Pages/2004pics.html) - the year we hosted the Historical Construction Equipment Association has lots of pics.

Eventually I should get some pictures from this year up too.

Blake