Cletrac.org

Cletrac Tractor Discussion => HG, OC-3, OC-4 & General => Topic started by: Dr Bert on July 14, 2006, 12:38:31 AM

Title: Cleaning and painting HG tracks
Post by: Dr Bert on July 14, 2006, 12:38:31 AM
Ready to start work on the tracks of my HG.  Would like any suggestions as to how others handle this chore.  Is it best to hang them, or lay them out flat?  Is it OK to sandblast them, or should they be wire brushed?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.  Dr Bert.
Title: hg tracks
Post by: walter hudson on July 14, 2006, 02:33:20 AM
I would stay away from sandblasting ,since there will be sand left in the bushings. Ihave found that a needle scaler works well and finish them off with a wire brush wheel.
                                         Walter
Title:
Post by: Albert Duroe on July 14, 2006, 11:23:05 AM
I lay the tracks out on the floor then sand blast both sides and paint with flat black rust resistance's paint.  I just finished two sets for hicrop OC-3's  Sparky