Cletrac.org

Cletrac Tractor Discussion => All Models Except HG, OC-3, OC-4 & General => Topic started by: philippe on January 04, 2007, 12:30:29 PM

Title: new member
Post by: philippe on January 04, 2007, 12:30:29 PM
hello,

My name is philippe LEROY,I'm a french student and I'm interested Crawler tractors, and more by cletrac. I own the model F you can see on the site.

I recently had a discussion with a person about my model F. I think mine was equiped with a winch but this person doesn't think so. I join a photo of a model F and a model W equiped with a winch.  these photos come from a book:" the story of crawler tractors in France".

on the model F, you can note there is a strange undercarriage, have you ever seen one like that?

http://servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=2&u=10065100 (http://servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=2&u=10065100)

http://servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=1&u=10065100 (http://servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=1&u=10065100)

http://servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=3&u=10065100 (http://servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=3&u=10065100)

thanks for your suggestions
philippe
Title: Undercarriage of Model F
Post by: Jack Janzen on January 26, 2007, 08:40:49 PM
Leroy - That's a strange looking model F from your book.  Awhile back I posted a message called "Carl's Model F String of Pearls"  I included a link to the Copyright for the Cletrac F.  It shows a rear idler wheel like Carls in the photo page of this site.  His is different than the others.  The one from your book is really different.  Maybe Cletrac was trying different undercarriages for the F and finally settled on the simplest version.  I don't even see a "string of pearls" on the one from your book.  Good luck with your research.  -Jack
Title:
Post by: Blake Malkamaki on January 26, 2007, 08:57:47 PM
There were different track frames and configurations for models F's. I knew a guy who had one with a different track frame on each side.

Blake