G'Day blokes, :? I suspect it may have an air leak in the vapouriser but havn't had a chance to check it out yet. (If there is anything they do that can cause trouble I would be interested to hear.) We want to get the Cletrac and an old International Titan 10-20 going and presentable by August when our town celebrates its 100 th aniversary since the shire was founded, the Titan is a 1920 model but we are unsure of the "exact" year of manufacture of the cletrac. One of these two tractors is the oldest tractor in the town, but we don't know which one.
I checked out the serial number list on the site but it only says 1919 - 1932 and gives the total numbers, this one has the number W 1478 on a brass plate on the side of the engine, and I am asuming this is the serial number, if so I think it would be early in the production, I am guessing either 1919 - 1920 or 1921 can anyone tell exactly which year it is ? As I will most likely be one of the bloke's working on the Cletrac I would like it to be older than the Titan (you know just for bragging rites :D
Quote from: "Quairading"we are unsure of the "exact" year of manufacture of the cletrac. One of these two tractors is the oldest tractor in the town, but we don't know which one.
I checked out the serial number list on the site but it only says 1919 - 1932 and gives the total numbers, this one has the number W 1478 on a brass plate on the side of the engine, and I am asuming this is the serial number, if so I think it would be early in the production, I am guessing either 1919 - 1920 or 1921 can anyone tell exactly which year it is ?
Graham 
Hi Graham, Welcome to the forum.
The serial number and engine number lists I've seen do not break down the numbers by year. Assuming a straight and even production level of 1324 Serial numbers per year and 1521 Engine numbers across the years 1919-1932 (
admittedly flawed logic), the distribution would be
approximately:Model W
Year Serial# Engine#
1919 13,756 101
1920 15,080 1,622
1921 16,404 3,143
1922 17,728 4,664
1923 19,052 6,185
1924 20,376 7,706
1925 21,700 9,227
1926 23,024 10,748
1927 24,348 12,269
1928 25,672 13,790
1929 26,996 15,311
1930 28,320 16,832
1931 29,644 18,353
1932 30,971 19,873
So, it looks like a pretty safe bet that your Cletrac Model W is a late 1919 or early 1920.
thanks John,
I think for the purpose of the exercise I may have to call it a 1920 model Cletrac and share the limelite with the blokes working on the Titan. It looks like it is just a bit high on the numbers to be 1919 (pitty about that)
It does'nt realy matter, they are both nice old machines so we will probibaly call them the same age. One bloke reconed the titan was a 1914 model and so a lot older than the cletrac, but I had a look at the number and sorted that out. (the titan numbers are available easily)
When we get into it and have a few pickys, I will post a few here so you can see the progress, but until then thanks a lot.
See ya,
Graham from Quairading