Cletrac.org

Cletrac Tractor Discussion => All Models Except HG, OC-3, OC-4 & General => Topic started by: Jack Janzen on February 16, 2007, 04:01:10 AM

Title: 20-K brass instruction plaque
Post by: Jack Janzen on February 16, 2007, 04:01:10 AM
I have a 1928 20-K crawler that I'm working on.  Just recently I bought a brass instructions plaque on Ebay.  It is from a specific tractor as indicated by the model number (20-K) and a tractor serial number (9812).  I've never seen a similar plaque in any pictures of 20-K tractors that I've come across.  

Does anyone have info on this type brass plaque?  Where does it go on the tractor?  It is 9 inches by 11 inches and has six small mounting holes, one in each corner and one in the center of the long sides.  It would look good on the fender, but is this correct?

From the serial number, it is from a late 20-K, maybe 1931 or 32.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks - Jack

(//http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f300/jj-3/Cletracbrassplaque.jpg)
Title: Brass serial number plate
Post by: Albert Duroe on February 19, 2007, 01:38:50 PM
The plate looks just like a serial number plate the was on the 40 battery box.  I have never seen K-20 with a battery.   Sparky
Title: Brass Instruction Plaque
Post by: Jack Janzen on February 20, 2007, 09:32:57 PM
Sparky - Thanks for the reply.  I can't find a picture of a 40 anywhere.  According to the specifications page, the 40 was made at the same time they made the late 20-Ks.  Maybe they decided to throw an instruction plaque on a few 20-Ks.  I was looking through pictures in the photo section of the site.  It looks like there's a similar plaque on the side of Landis Zimmerman's 55 ... also made in the early to mid thirties.  Is that what I'm seeing?  Thanks for the help. - Jack