Cletrac.org

Cletrac Tractor Discussion => HG, OC-3, OC-4 & General => Topic started by: Mike Anderson on December 25, 2002, 01:27:36 AM

Title: Santa was good! HG Restoration Done
Post by: Mike Anderson on December 25, 2002, 01:27:36 AM
Here is the finished product, after about one year of being apart.  It took awhile to find the engine and do some of the rough work, but I started sandblasting and doing the reassembly in June.

As I threatened, here are some pictures, the first is a full side view, less the battery cover.
Title: Try again.......full side view:
Post by: Mike Anderson on December 25, 2002, 01:29:16 AM
Title: Front View of RH Side
Post by: Mike Anderson on December 25, 2002, 01:31:18 AM
This shows the valve for the blade
Title: Homemade Chain Drive Speed Reducer
Post by: Mike Anderson on December 25, 2002, 01:33:36 AM
It works just fine, but makes more noise than I'd hoped it would.  I suspect it'll get a little better with use and letting the thing break in a little.
Title: Anderson Blade with Angle Insert
Post by: Mike Anderson on December 25, 2002, 01:36:02 AM
I think this actually should go at the joint closer to the tractor.  The other side won't  swing out far enough.  I'll explore this a little more later, and paint another pin.
Title: Anderson Blade/Other Anderson Rippers
Post by: Mike Anderson on December 25, 2002, 01:40:01 AM
I made these rippers some time ago.  They swing up while driving forward, and lock down when going backward.  The rod holds them up out of the way when not being used.  This works only on the two outboard rippers.  The center ones don't have room for a holder upper, so I usually leave them off.
Title: Drivers Eye View
Post by: Mike Anderson on December 25, 2002, 01:42:17 AM
Last one!  I took some more of the entire tractor, but for some reason the camera glitched.  I'll put it in a better setting and take some more later.

Happy Holidays!
Title: Fooled You! Sorry....rear view
Post by: Mike Anderson on December 25, 2002, 01:46:48 AM
Forgot about this.....here is a rear view showing the belt pully and PTO.

Later,  Mike
Title:
Post by: Eric Severance on December 25, 2002, 03:00:48 AM
Mike,
     Excellent job, you are a true craftsman. I see you even took the extra pains to do things like the "oil here daily" decals, and find the right PTO guard among other things. I wish my OC-3 had that blade tilt feature like yours does ! Take care, and have a Merry.
Title: restaoration
Post by: Crawler Boy on December 25, 2002, 03:59:56 AM
Exellent job you have done.
Its nice to see that those machines been
saved for the afterworld and not been dumpt somewere.

I own a OC-3 my self that i used on my
yard (ItÃ,´s the one at the photoalbum.)

but its hard to finde new spareparts here in Sweden,there are not anyone left that that holds parts anymore.
Title: Valve set up
Post by: Glen on December 25, 2002, 09:38:35 PM
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Anderson Boy I like that valve arrangement, Can you tell me more about it and how I might look for this valve unit? Glen
This shows the valve for the blade
Title: Valve
Post by: Mike Anderson on December 26, 2002, 08:05:17 PM
Glen,

There aren't any tags or any markings on the valve.  It has two spools, one for the lift and one for the tilt.  The lift blade also has a float postition......nice for back dragging.  I would think that the style of valve is common, just a two spool, with the float.  What I like about it is that it's mounted away from the driver and operated by a couple of 3/8 pipes for control rods.  

The hydraulic oil reservoir is behind the grille, so it's away from the operator too.  It keeps the inevitable (it seems), fluid leaks farther away, too, and is easier to keep from getting slimed.  None yet, but they'll probably appear later.

I'll look a little farther in some of my lilterature and see if there might be any more valve info.

Mike
Title: sweet thing
Post by: jeffry coghill on December 27, 2002, 04:51:33 AM
Mike well done!  wish I could put the time into my OC12. But alas he must still pay his way . ENJOY the fruits of your labors.   Jeff
Title: HG, looking sweet
Post by: ggibby on December 29, 2002, 01:27:20 AM
Mike, the HG is looking brandy new again.
Exellent work.
Jealious,
George Gibby:)
Title: HG Restoration
Post by: John D on December 30, 2002, 01:30:46 AM
Mike,

It looks super!  Let's hope that rather than jealousy, you've inspired others to "follow in your tracks!!!"

I'm just happy right now to have my AG-6 running reliably - the extent of my "restoration" to date.  

A happy &  healthy new year to all !