Cletrac.org

Cletrac Tractor Discussion => HG, OC-3, OC-4 & General => Topic started by: Robin on February 13, 2009, 02:17:15 AM

Title: Trying to find my HG year
Post by: Robin on February 13, 2009, 02:17:15 AM
I just purchased an HG wide gauge crawler.  It was operated by my dad in the 60's.  I am trying to figure out the year.  It apears to have green paint over yellow.  The model number on the block is 1272719. Any help here? What color should it be?

Robin

Still trying to determine the correct color to paint this tractor and would love to find a for sure year.  Any help here? :lol:
Title: HG Age
Post by: Robert Barbour on February 13, 2009, 05:14:10 AM
That serial number falls with in the 1250001 to 1300000 listed in my IX series manual dated September 2 1952.  So I would say it was made before then.
Title: block date
Post by: chrisvdv on April 06, 2009, 09:06:29 PM
If there are no tags affixed to the engine or bellhousing, look for the casting date on the block. Behind the mag, if memory serves me right.