Cletrac.org

Cletrac Tractor Discussion => HG, OC-3, OC-4 & General => Topic started by: Otisthecletrac on April 15, 2009, 12:40:57 PM

Title: 350 small block
Post by: Otisthecletrac on April 15, 2009, 12:40:57 PM
I have seen one in person, and i liked it so much i want to build one now. I have a 1938 Cletrac HG i would like to drop a small block into it. Does anyone have some information, that will guide me in the right directions.
Title:
Post by: hotratz on April 17, 2009, 06:12:49 PM
Sacrilege   :wink:
Title:
Post by: Gazer61 on April 18, 2009, 02:43:02 PM
I am also not a big fan of that idea. I like these tractors in their original configuration. I don't think the rest of the tractor will take the abuse.
Title:
Post by: kpfarmer on May 02, 2009, 05:39:02 PM
I'm in the middle of adding a Nissan 4 cylinder to a HG carriage and I'm concerned about breakage. It would only be more likely with a smallblock.  

My two cents..
Title:
Post by: Blake Malkamaki on May 02, 2009, 11:19:11 PM
One of our HGs has an Oliver 77 engine in it. It was the experimental tractor used to develop the OC-6. So I see no reason why a 4 cylinder Nissan would hurt the tractor.

I think a 350 Chevy may work out fine as long as you don't get so much traction that you break the drive train. I think an HG-68 with 2x4s bolted to the tracks and a 350 might be really fun to run in several feet of snow. That think would really move with small block's higher RPM!