Cletrac.org

Cletrac Tractor Discussion => HG, OC-3, OC-4 & General => Topic started by: wesocec on May 07, 2009, 05:49:48 AM

Title: Looking for IXB-3, Running or for Rebuild?
Post by: wesocec on May 07, 2009, 05:49:48 AM
I am looking for a running IXB-3 or one that can be rebuilt.  I think if I am going to go spend a bunch of money having one built or doing it myself I should do it with a motor that will be easier to get parts for if it should break.    Preferably in the PNW area or somewhere that shipping isn't going to make it to expensive.
Title: Rebuilding the older Hercules
Post by: John Schwiebert on May 07, 2009, 11:06:18 AM
If you have an IXK with the poured bearings you may be able to get the block line bored cheaper than to find new bearings. On th rods I would use bearings for an IH. much cheaper/ If you have an IXB apart and the pistons are good I would bore the IXK to fit the IXB pistons. More details send me a P-M.
Title: IXK to IXB
Post by: chrisvdv on May 08, 2009, 12:40:55 AM
Hi John. I have seen you mention this before. Can you send me all the fine details of how I can convert an IXK to an IXB, please? Many many thanks in advance. I think you have my email address from the YT Oliver forum. If you would prefer a physical address and your postal costs, please let me know. Chris