Cletrac.org

Cletrac Tractor Discussion => All Models Except HG, OC-3, OC-4 & General => Topic started by: Bob on September 15, 2010, 01:07:41 AM

Title: Out of gas...
Post by: Bob on September 15, 2010, 01:07:41 AM
What would you think of a guy that sent his good friend to haul a tractor for him, but didn't leave enough gas in it for him to load? Then have it so the gas tank lid won't come off to put more in? What a nice guy huh?

Sorry Bill, just had to bust on you! Talked to Earl just as he was on the mission...

Bob
Title: Re: Out of gas...
Post by: Robert Barbour on September 15, 2010, 02:56:32 AM
Yes I know a guy like that!!  I added a 1940 D8 to my collection 2 years ago, when my truck arrived to pick it up I brought a 5 gallon can of diesel with me.  The guy I bought it from said no need for that I just put in 5 gallons!  Well we had to move the Cat a 100 yards to the truck, it sure burnt a lot of fuel as it stopped half way there!!  No fuel!!!  Had to put my 5 gallons in and screw around bleeding it.  So now I add fuel to everything I buy before I move it!!
Title: Re: Out of gas...
Post by: Bill Kycia on September 15, 2010, 03:11:49 AM
Bob ,I see you got home safely. I just talked to Earl and he told about the lack of fuel. I guess 5 gallons in an empty tank a month ago dosent cut it.I guess the MPG on a E -38 isnt too good.LOL.I think the BD is better on fuel.That was some show. I dont about you,but I had to jump on the BD and push some dirt around when I got home.It was nice to meet and talk to you.Lots of great people and equipment. Later Bill.
Title: Re: Out of gas...
Post by: Bob on September 16, 2010, 01:46:15 AM
It sure was a ton of fun. Glad to have a face to put with the name now. Earl didn't scrath the paint too much with the pliers did he?

Haven't had enough time to run any dozers since then altho I did unload a D3 off my trailer today, and hauled a dead TD9.

Sure can be a project bleeding a diesel at times too. The guage lies in my Mack, and I usually run out with it a couple times a year, at the most inconvenient times! I'm smart enought to keep a couple extra gallons in reserve in the other tank.