Cletrac.org

Cletrac Tractor Discussion => All Models Except HG, OC-3, OC-4 & General => Topic started by: hotratz on April 17, 2011, 03:54:17 PM

Title: Which tractor is this?
Post by: hotratz on April 17, 2011, 03:54:17 PM
For some reason I'm having difficulty identifying which tractor this particular radiator tank belongs too. It seems unique because the cast logo is relieved in the inside of the characters. I didn't see this one in the photo albums.

(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2015/2053037868_23e789dcdc.jpg)
Title: Re: Which tractor is this?
Post by: Blake Malkamaki on April 17, 2011, 04:16:45 PM
It's typical of the 1930's era unstyled Cletracs. Some have "Cletrac" on the top radiator tank, while others have the model number there. Most of these also have "Cletrac" vertically down the sides of the radiator.

Blake
Title: Re: Which tractor is this?
Post by: hotratz on April 18, 2011, 01:07:06 PM
Thanks Blake, I picked up just the tank on ebay and am going to paint it up and hang it on the wall in my shop. I wanted to I.D. it so I can hunt down the right cap for it. I'm guessing quite a few models had the same cap?
Title: Re: Which tractor is this?
Post by: Blake Malkamaki on April 18, 2011, 09:37:50 PM
Well Steve, now that you've got part of a tractor, you'll just have to gather up the rest so you can put it all together :-*
Title: Re: Which tractor is this?
Post by: hotratz on April 19, 2011, 01:22:00 PM
Yep, It's a start.  ;D  Funny thing is the OC-46 I just finished came about when I was looking for a seat bracket for my OC-3 project. I ended up bringing home a seat bracket and a the OC-46 and another OC-3 with loader and backhoe attachment. Still haven't gotten back to my original OC-3 project.  ::)  In any case I'd love to have a much more vintage Cletrac