Cletrac.org

Cletrac Tractor Discussion => All Models Except HG, OC-3, OC-4 & General => Topic started by: Bob on June 25, 2011, 03:10:50 AM

Title: OC12 sideboom
Post by: Bob on June 25, 2011, 03:10:50 AM
I just picked up an OC12 with a sideboom. I was wondering if anybody has seen such a thing before. Its built by, well somebody I can't remember the name of now... Its got 2 hydraulic operated winches on it, and an inside frame bulldozer blade. The boom itself is missing, so some pics of what to rebuild would be awesome.

Thanks,
Bob

and yes I know it didn't happen unless I've got pics. I'm awful about not posting them too...
Title: Re: OC12 sideboom
Post by: 440roadrunner on June 26, 2011, 02:43:35 AM
I was thinking  "pipelayer"   but surely you know what those are
Title: Re: OC12 sideboom
Post by: LoggerLee on June 26, 2011, 05:57:15 PM
I believe you that it happened,but still....pictures would be awesome.
Title: Re: OC12 sideboom
Post by: Bob on June 27, 2011, 12:36:32 AM
Well, I guess you could use "pipelayer" for this application too...

The unit is manufactured by Midwestern. It is hydraulic operated. Engine turns, just ended up with nasty weather Saturday, and a 14 hour road trip today...
Title: Re: OC12 sideboom
Post by: 440roadrunner on June 27, 2011, 01:35:28 AM
'S  not this thing,  um?

http://www.vertikal.net/en/news/story/12283/

(http://www.vertikal.net/typo3temp/pics/090ccec258.jpg)
Title: Re: OC12 sideboom
Post by: LoggerLee on June 27, 2011, 02:51:32 AM
Quote from: Bob on June 27, 2011, 12:36:32 AM
nasty weather Saturday, and a 14 hour road trip today...

Story of my life Bob,14 hour road trips can be O.K. But there needs to be a old rusty piece of crap in the yard at the end right?  ;D
Title: Re: OC12 sideboom
Post by: Bob on June 29, 2011, 02:42:57 AM
Well, does a semi-shiney piece of not junk in my buddy's yard count? It was one of those I'll pay for fuel trips, so at least I won't completely lose my tail on it! LOL

I've been outa town for 2 days so far this week, so no pics yet  :( But I was makin money on this one!

Thats a half swing shovel there roadrunner... We'll get the pics tomorrow hopefully!

Bob
Title: Re: OC12 sideboom
Post by: Doug424 on June 29, 2011, 09:22:42 PM
I have a spec sheet on the OC-12 sideboom that sounds like yours. If you like, I could send you a copy.
Title: Re: OC12 sideboom
Post by: Bob on June 30, 2011, 01:19:31 AM
That would be awesome Doug! I'll PM you with my info

I'll hopefully figure out how to resize pics again, and post them tonight or tomorrow.

Bob
Title: Re: OC12 sideboom
Post by: Bob on June 30, 2011, 01:23:55 AM
Gee Doug, I was thru your area Monday and Tuesday. I was working in New Stanton