Hello Folks, Carl B. from da U.P. here. I've finally got some vids of my OC-46 on youtube. You can find them by going to my channel, type my name in the youtube search box like this carlbesola all lower case with no space and they should come up. "Little Ollie in action" 1&2. This little tractor is a rescue! I found it at a camp I did a diggin' job at. The fella that owned the camp said he was going to send it to the scrapyard! It had a broken final drive and was missing some other misc. parts, but when I heard it sing I knew I had to save it! [ I know, I get a little sappy sometimes] Anyway, I didn't get as far into it as some of you guys have, but there really wasn't all that much wrong with it. The little bugger just needed some TLC. I hope you folks will check em' out, I think you'll like em' I sure had fun makin' em'!! ;D
Sounds pretty good. :) Wish I could do that with my Scoopy but he's at the botoom of the list right now. :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z-YO6Ojxmk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93fMmo8DE2M
Soon to be seen 'scooping' around my place ;D Thanks, Carl.
Anyone got any OC4 rear implements, like a ripper for sale? Carl's machine once had a ripper and hence has no counter-weights. I'd like to get some kind of counter-weight, preferably a ripper or winch.
Failing that I guess I will have to weld up a weight support shelf.
I missed my chance at a video. We had exactly one snowfall this year that was deep enough that I plowed the alley. Since then we've had mostly dry weather, until the last couple of weeks, a constant drizzle of rain/ freeze / thaw and just enough snow thrown in to make the roads miserable. Today we're getting an inch or two, and another inch or two predicted tomorrow.
Because of the thawing/ mud I haven't gotten a darn thing done all winter. Had hoped to get the disc brake frontend under the Dart
67 Dart GT, junkyard 360/ 727 Torqueflite, Edelbrock Performer, Hedman headers, Ford disk brake 9" axle with 3.89 posi gears. Aftermarket seats until / if I get the originals reworked.
(http://i40.tinypic.com/xbzott.jpg)
Our only "decent" snowfall earlier this year. It went away just about a week after this photo was taken
(http://i43.tinypic.com/16hq2q9.jpg)
(http://i42.tinypic.com/w6ru40.jpg)
The wind blew. I guess I need sided on it, afterall. Yeah. I built that mess.
(http://i42.tinypic.com/vcuclz.jpg)
Hello OliverChris! I guess I didn't realize you'd be on this board, but it looks like you are certainly an Oliver-Cletrac enthusiast! I've had some thoughts about counterweighting, obviously with me riding on it it don't need much more of a counterweight! [ha ha]. One thing I had thought about was taking some wheel weights from a tractor [i thought I had some, but they must have went in the great scrap metal boom], and making a bracket to pin to the rippers mounts and make it look a bit like a Continental kit on the back, or like my uncle who lived in Miami would call it "A Bagel on the back"! I thought something like that would look kinda cute on there! I also looked into fabbing up a ripper, and figured that it would cost around $800.00 to do that with new cylinders etc. I've also asked a buddy of mine who works for a scrap company to keep an eye out for some iron I could possibly use for such a project but so far I haven't heard anything from him. I'm sure you'll come up with something, there might be more farming in your area then mine, thus making wheel or other tractor weights easier to find than here in the U.P. One of the dealers near here has a nice little backhoe attachment that could be made to fit. but that would take a pretty big chunk of change and would have to be detachable anyway, so it wouldn't help much with the weighting. Anyway, I'm sure little Ollie will make a nice additon to your collection, It's good to know he's going to a good home! ;D