Cletrac.org

Cletrac Tractor Discussion => HG, OC-3, OC-4 & General => Topic started by: countryguy828 on January 07, 2013, 07:29:04 PM

Title: HG/OC3 Belt pulley update
Post by: countryguy828 on January 07, 2013, 07:29:04 PM
Hey guys,

Decided to start a new thread with a better title for future references.

I have been working on the belt pulley idea. I have the hubs machined out and the webbing ready to work on. Still trying to land some 8 inch pipe to make the face out of.

I wanted to get some pictures on here for everyone to see so I am posting pictures from another project I have going on. The belt pulley is complete with the exception of the keyway. It is made with some 7 inch pipe.

Dave
Title: Re: HG/OC3 Belt pulley update
Post by: Blake Malkamaki on January 07, 2013, 10:37:13 PM
How heavy of wall do you want? One of the standard sizes for oil well casing is 8-5/8". I think that's OD, but I'm not sure.
Title: Re: HG/OC3 Belt pulley update
Post by: countryguy828 on January 08, 2013, 02:35:28 AM
I got a lead on some 8 inch sch 80 which has about a half inch wall. Sch 40 would be fine though, its about 3/8 wall. With a 1.5 degree taper leaves the thin side at around 1/4 inch which is plenty thick enough to be strong.

Thanks everyone,
Dave
Title: Re: HG/OC3 Belt pulley update
Post by: countryguy828 on February 01, 2013, 03:55:00 AM
Hey Guys,

I got ahold of some 8 inch Sch 40 pipe and completed the first pulley this week. Will begin making more soon to sell. Not sure exactly how to advertise these, might just post on ebay.

Attached a pic to show the completed pulley on the PTO housing.

Dave
Title: Re: HG/OC3 Belt pulley update
Post by: oliverchris on February 02, 2013, 01:45:40 AM
Nice job!! Price?
Title: Re: HG/OC3 Belt pulley update
Post by: countryguy828 on February 02, 2013, 02:14:41 AM
I have a hard time figureing out what to ask for work, but I'm looking at about $250. It's nearly 10 hours a piece. I'm sure other with better tools to work with can do the job faster, but they probably ask for more on the hour too.

Thanks,
Dave
Title: Re: HG/OC3 Belt pulley update
Post by: Blake Malkamaki on February 02, 2013, 05:16:01 AM
I would start by advertising on here. A business card sized ad with a nice picture of one of you pulleys would be good.
Title: Re: HG/OC3 Belt pulley update
Post by: oliverchris on May 23, 2013, 09:58:36 PM
Dave. How do I reach you again? I have a couple of guys who'd like to talk to you about those superb pulleys. I'd prefer to have them contact you directly. Can I get your email and telephone number? If you can send me some pics, like those here, and I'll add them to my Facebook and maybe get you some customers.
www.facebook.com/OliverCrawlers
email me: earth@kingston.net