Cletrac.org

Cletrac Tractor Discussion => All Models Except HG, OC-3, OC-4 & General => Topic started by: joe brady on November 12, 2003, 01:47:14 AM

Title: ag6,agh/4
Post by: joe brady on November 12, 2003, 01:47:14 AM
I have a agh "oliver crawler" s/n 3501153 with a 124 series (mfa1245477) 4 cylinder continental engine. I also have an ag6 with the 226 engine. Are the gear rarios the same in these machines ? They seem to be identical. (no id plate on the ag6)
Title:
Post by: Blake Malkamaki on November 12, 2003, 06:45:26 AM
As far as I know, the gear ratios should be the same. John S. may know better than I.

Why does your AGH have a Continental engine in it? It should have a Hercules OOC engine.
Title: Serial Number
Post by: John Schwiebert on November 12, 2003, 02:48:04 PM
The serial number you gave is for a 1953 crawler. In 1953 & 54 the crawler serial numbers were mixed in with the wheel tractors. If it is an AGH it should have a 226 six cylinder Continental. The plain AG series with the OOC Hercules were discontinued because the goverment would not provide the Hercules engines to Cletrac  because of the war effort. When the OOC was dropped the 226 Continetal was introduced the model became the AG-6 to distinguish the difference. The OOC is also 226 cubic inch. Confused? Get in touch. i will be gone untill sometime saturday on business.