Cletrac.org

Cletrac Tractor Discussion => All Models Except HG, OC-3, OC-4 & General => Topic started by: Jim on February 06, 2004, 06:13:16 AM

Title: Cletrac OC-12 (for free)
Post by: Jim on February 06, 2004, 06:13:16 AM
I have two Cletrac OC-12 crawlers for free. Condition is commensurate with the price:D
Neither are running. One could be, with some work. The other is probably a parts rig. Tracks are in good shape. One has a blade and one has a loader bucket. Located in the town of Lake Stevens, WA  If you want some parts, you have to take the whole crawler. I'm in charge of disposing them for the widow of a good friend, so my motivation is to have them gone. I have some pictures I can post, if someone tells me where to upload them. Contact me if you have questions. Thanks.  Jim
Title:
Post by: Blake Malkamaki on February 06, 2004, 09:21:05 AM
Jim, what exactly does "Condition is commensurate with the price" mean?

You can post the pictures on here. You just have to do it one at a time and keep them under 100K each.
Title:
Post by: Jim on February 06, 2004, 06:34:52 PM
I guess it's all in the eye of the collector. I'm primarily into collecting old military vehicles, and don't really understand the values of antique tractors, yet. If they were old army trucks, I'd be all over them, because I have an eye for hard to find parts and pieces. I'm assuming that there are several tasty parts on them that people would want. Besides, one of the two OC-12s could be made to run, in my unqualified estimation.  I've seen pictures of restorations that started with much, much worse looking beginnings.
  I'd be glad to post pictures, as soon as I can figure out how.  Thanks.  Jim
Title: The big picture
Post by: John Schwiebert on February 07, 2004, 02:03:41 AM
Are you int oany Army vehicles that use hercules DJX or JX engines. If the 2 OC-12 models are gas they will be using a JX Hercules. The diesel will be using a DJX diesel. I need to get an OC-12 home that has been repowered with a Military JX Hercules. Too bad you are 2000 miles away instead of 200. I would trade if you could use the parts.
Title:
Post by: Blake Malkamaki on February 07, 2004, 02:45:26 AM
John, speaking of repowered by military engines, my B (BGSH) has an MG-1 engine. Hasn't run in years though.

My OC-12 has a DJXD engine.
Title: Free Cletracs
Post by: Jim on February 07, 2004, 02:50:51 AM
I collect stuff from Korea to Vietnam. The Hercules engines were probably from WW2, so I don't have anything like that. Sorry!:(
Title: Free 0c-12
Post by: scott on March 18, 2004, 06:59:12 PM
Jim how do I get a hold of you????
Can you send me an e-mail?
Ttalkers@aol.com
Title:
Post by: FrogO22 on July 23, 2007, 05:32:40 AM
I am interested my e-mail is tsail24@comcast.net
I live in Washington I am going to be rebuilding an OC12
Title:
Post by: Blake Malkamaki on August 05, 2007, 02:38:41 AM
Jim wrote to me and wanted me to post that the OC-12 is long gone.

Blake