Cletrac.org

Cletrac Tractor Discussion => HG, OC-3, OC-4 & General => Topic started by: RockinB on April 02, 2004, 05:08:33 PM

Title: Looking For OC3 Muffler
Post by: RockinB on April 02, 2004, 05:08:33 PM
Tried Zimmermans,nothing available,anyone know of a substitute?Tired of earplugs.
Title:
Post by: Blake Malkamaki on April 02, 2004, 05:53:13 PM
I'm not sure if they had anything originally, but Tractor Supply has a variety of mufflers in stock. Look for something for a tractor of similar size, ie, Allis Chalmers B, Farmal A, Ford 8N, etc.

Blake
Title:
Post by: RockinB on April 02, 2004, 09:10:59 PM
My parts book says they did. I've got an Oliver 60 and I'm thinking that one will work, as it is just a small round can under the hood.
Title:
Post by: Bill Seal on April 03, 2004, 04:31:36 PM
Check with your local muffler shop, they should be able to fix you up with a small "resonator can" to weld to the pipe above the hood.
Title:
Post by: RockinB on April 03, 2004, 07:22:09 PM
Thanks Bill. Good idea.
Title:
Post by: Nick C. on May 13, 2004, 02:50:19 AM
Do most people use their HG's OC-3's with or without a muffler?  I was planning on adding one as well (was an original factory option) but am afraid that I may be limiting its power slightly.  What is the proper pipe size (OD)?  I am also looking for a raincap (haven't called Zimmerman for this yet).  Just curious as to how many use or don't use a muffler.
Title:
Post by: Blake Malkamaki on May 13, 2004, 03:51:10 AM
I kinda like the way they sound without one. Nice and snappy, but not too loud.

My Farmall Super M, on the other hand, screams so loud without a muffler that it will make your ears ring.

Blake
Title:
Post by: brokeagain on May 14, 2004, 01:31:23 AM
my hg just has a straight pipe about 28"with a rain cap .it makes a big difference in the loud  factor .
Title:
Post by: Jason Epperson on May 16, 2004, 05:21:43 PM
I put a straight pipe on my OC-3 after putting on a new manifold from Zimmermans.  It wasn' t really that loud at first but after a couple of years it is now really loud.  I have to wear ear plugs to even putt around on it.  I am going to put a muffler off a small tractor liks a AC B or C on it.
Title: muffler
Post by: farmerjoe on May 20, 2004, 11:53:39 AM
My OC3 has what I think is a factory muffler that fits under the hood.