Cletrac.org

Cletrac Tractor Discussion => HG, OC-3, OC-4 & General => Topic started by: shaunmissy on July 22, 2004, 10:40:49 AM

Title: Oc-3 Hydraulics
Post by: shaunmissy on July 22, 2004, 10:40:49 AM
I have a Cletrac HG with Andersen hydraulics from an OC 3. The pump leaks from the point where the engine -mounted drive shaft enters the pump ( through a mounting plate). I just wanted to know if this seal is an off the shelf item before I take it apart and find out that I'm out of luck. This crawler is my little pride and joy, and I just want to keep it running as long as I can. Any information that anyone can lend me is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Title: Hydraulic Pump
Post by: John Schwiebert on July 23, 2004, 12:18:01 AM
The answer to your question could be yes, no or maybe. Take the pump off, scribe a line across the pump, clean the pump and take it apart. Then you can make a much better decision on what you need. I have no idea what brand of pump you have, but it is not hard to cross it over to another pump if it is beyond repair. If it is a roller bearing pump, replace the bearings. If you find a brand name and model post that here.