Cletrac.org

Cletrac Tractor Discussion => HG, OC-3, OC-4 & General => Topic started by: gypsyshire on August 17, 2004, 12:16:48 AM

Title: bottom rollers, what lubricant?
Post by: gypsyshire on August 17, 2004, 12:16:48 AM
I have aquired a wounderful crawler it
seems to be an oliver cletrack. The modle and serial that I can see read HG68
28GA314. She is wide, has a loader
and runs great. I need to know what
lubricant to use in the bottom rollers.
She has three to a side. Thanks, Doug
in Idaho
Title:
Post by: thecatskinner on August 17, 2004, 01:00:47 AM
It should be a 1947.

The recommended oil is:

Below 0 F; 20W
0-32 F; 30W
32-70 F; 40W
Above 70 F; 60W

If your seals are good once a day will be OK unless you are in mud or water then twice a day.  

If you only use it for a couple of hours and then let it sit for a day or so--oil them again before you start.

Enjoy the tractor and welcome aboard:D:D
Title: lube
Post by: Ray on August 17, 2004, 01:20:39 PM
Welcome,
Use O-I-L and absolutely no grease! If they had grease in them, there is no need to take them apart to clean them out, just pump oil into them and it will dilute the grease. If you need an adapter for your zerks give us a call.
Good luck
Ray
Title:
Post by: Bill Seal on August 19, 2004, 03:42:22 PM
McMaster-Carr wants $27.89 for a button head coupler, without the hose, and about $70 with the hose. Is this about right?
Title:
Post by: Ray on August 20, 2004, 01:46:57 PM
WOW!
Title:
Post by: Bill Seal on August 22, 2004, 04:46:20 PM
WOW indeed!
 I lost mine, so now I just remove the fittings and fill them with a pump oil can.
Title:
Post by: Bill Seal on May 13, 2005, 02:52:25 PM
Update:
Got a pneumatic grease gun from Harbor Freight (10 bucks on sale) and put a button head coupler on the hose. You have to turn the rubber plunger in the barrel over or it leaks oil like crazy, but it pumps really well.
Get lots of rags. :lol: