Main Menu
Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - RLH

#1
Where can I get new track chain for my BDH?
Randy
#2
All Models Except HG, OC-3, OC-4 & General /
June 22, 2005, 11:00:47 PM
The seals should not be hard to find. If you can not get them let me know and I will get them for you. I used a tractor to move my tracks. I had the machine up on stands. You could undo your tracks and back off of them and then jack it up and remove the sprocket. And yes watch your fingers, and toes :!:
Randy
#3
All Models Except HG, OC-3, OC-4 & General /
June 21, 2005, 11:19:44 PM
I had the sprockets off. Replaced seal and bearings in the final drive. They were very tight on the tapered shaft. Made a heavy duty puller with about a 1and 1/2 inch bolt and some 1 inch steel.
Randy
#4
All Models Except HG, OC-3, OC-4 & General /
June 21, 2005, 04:13:00 PM
What is the reason for a non detergent oil? Is it just to keep the oil from cleaning?
Randy
#5
All Models Except HG, OC-3, OC-4 & General /
June 21, 2005, 03:55:17 PM
I took a piece of black pipe and cut to the same with as the sprocket and then cut it in half lenthwise. I then welded them to the sprocket. I had to  taper the outside corners in with a grinder after it was welded together. It worked out real well. Now I need to find some new chain for my tracks.
Randy
#6
All Models Except HG, OC-3, OC-4 & General /
March 17, 2005, 03:21:31 AM
What is wider on the hillside models? The tracks?
Randy
#7
All Models Except HG, OC-3, OC-4 & General /
March 03, 2005, 03:22:25 AM
Sam, I have seen two different injector cups, one piece and two piece. The top of the two piece has a little nub or bump on one side that fits in a notch in the block to keep it from turning. If it did turn somehow it would cause a problem. When I had my engine apart it had some of the cups that had part of them burned away. Have you had the head off?
Randy
#8
All Models Except HG, OC-3, OC-4 & General /
February 22, 2005, 02:36:10 AM
Does it smoke when under load? My BDH smokes alot when cold and sounds like it is missing, after it is warmed up it is better, but it still sounds the best when loaded. My engine was compltely rebuilt, injectors rebuilt, but the pump was not.
Randy
#9
All Models Except HG, OC-3, OC-4 & General /
January 31, 2005, 03:43:02 AM
Jerry Biro had all the parts I needed  except for pistons that no one makes, for my DJXC. He was very helpful. I would give him a try.
Randy
#10
Subjects Related To All Models /
January 31, 2005, 03:18:12 AM
The pins and bushings have some wear, but I dont't think it is that bad, no flat spots, the chain shows a good bit of wear. The track shoes are in good condition. It has rock gards on the inside, none on the outside. Maybe I should try to find some. I would interested in finding the BD if it is still there.
Randy
#11
All Models Except HG, OC-3, OC-4 & General /
January 30, 2005, 03:52:14 AM
I would say with that much blow-by you might as well figure on rebuilding it.
Randy
#12
Subjects Related To All Models /
January 03, 2005, 03:54:47 AM
What was happening was the chain was jumping off the lower rollers when turning, then the sprocket would ride up on the side of the chain. I tighened the tracks some and has seemed to help. Still wants to do it somtimes, not sure why. The sprockets on this machine were badly worn. I took 1/4" thick pipe and cut sections the same width as the sprocket and cut them in half, then welded them to the sprocket. Seemed to work real well. Maybe this has something to do with the tracks wanting to come off?
Randy
#13
Subjects Related To All Models / Tracks
December 30, 2004, 03:06:22 AM
What would cause the tracks to want to come off when turning or when on the side of a hill? On my bdh the one sprocket will ride up on the chain and the track will come off if I don't see it in time.
Randy
#14
All Models Except HG, OC-3, OC-4 & General /
December 17, 2004, 03:26:51 AM
Does anyone know what cranking compression should be for the diesel engine?
Randy
#15
Subjects Related To All Models /
October 07, 2004, 02:54:33 AM
I like the idea of the modified grease gun, might have to try it myself. I don't think the hand pump will put out enough pressure.
Randy