My DGH in action

Started by Carl Besola, February 04, 2007, 06:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carl Besola

Hey if any of you guys would like to see my old DGH cletrac in action, go to youtube.com and type Olddozer [just like that] in the search box and it should come up. Not the best quality video and you may have to turn the sound up, but you can hear the old Herc RXC and the tracks clanking etc. See how easy it steers with the air assist? Let me know if ya's have any trouble getting it to come up O.K.? Thanks Carl B.
We can dig it!

Blake Malkamaki

#1
Great video Carl! I couldn't download the whole thing as my dialup timed out, but what I saw looked and sounded good.

This url should take you right to it... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl6NhZ-TEnM

Blake
My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.

Carl Besola

#2
Hello Blake, Thanks for posting the URL for me. I'm not a very savvy dude yet so I appreciate the help. Now it will be easy for anyone else to watch it by just clicking on the link. I also have some vid. of my old Hough 70 loader on there too, the one with the screaming Detroit 4-71. Thanks again my Friend and keep up the good work!! Carl B.
We can dig it!

Blake Malkamaki

#3
You're welcome Carl.

I see you're a fellow Finn. I'm 1/2 Finn.

Blake Malkamaki
My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.

Carl Besola

#4
Yeah Blake I kinda suspected that, With a name like MalkaMaki! LOL. I'm half Finn also, Grandma and Grandpa on Dad's side both born in Finland, Dad grew up in a household where he didn't learn to speak english till it was time to start school! There's a lot of us up here, they came for the mining and the logging and stayed cuz it reminded them of home I think. And it sure is a cold place today! Temp on my thermometer was -17 F. this morning! High temp for the day was about +5 F. I've seen colder to be sure, but we had such mild temps in Dec. & Jan. that we all got spoiled!
We can dig it!