injection trouble

Started by cletracboy, February 19, 2005, 12:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Doe's it sond like the pumps worn out?

Yes
1 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: February 22, 2005, 12:43:36 PM

John Schwiebert

#15
Sam: Any chance you can recheck the compression? Also have you checked to see what kind of spray pattern you get on those two cylinders?
John Schwiebert

cletracboy

#16
I've had her running again tonight having tried some of the suggestions and it is running better but still not on the third cylinder, had an interesting suggestion from a very experience agricultural mechanic who himself collect old tractors.  As soon as I said it was indirect injection he asked about the swirl chambers, apparently if there loose or cracked or defective in any way then the engine will run very poorly on that cylinder.  Got to be worth investigation, anyone heard this before.  Sam
I live in England, got interested in Cletrac's when I brought an Oliver BD in 2001, I now have an Oliver BD a Cletrac BDH and another BDH for parts and have just brought a 1919 model H. I also have a british built Track Marshall 90.  Always keen to hear from fellow collectors.

RLH

#17
Sam, I have seen two different injector cups, one piece and two piece. The top of the two piece has a little nub or bump on one side that fits in a notch in the block to keep it from turning. If it did turn somehow it would cause a problem. When I had my engine apart it had some of the cups that had part of them burned away. Have you had the head off?
Randy

cletracboy

#18
Yes, I had the head of quite some time ago and can't remmember what the chambers were like, other than that the first time I put the head on after I had it skimmed I had to file the top of the chambers to stop the head sitting on them.  From what I can remmember the were easily removed without any tools just with my fingers.  I'm going to take it to the ploughing match this sunday as it is, then take the head of afterwards to look at them.  Thanks Randy   :lol:
I live in England, got interested in Cletrac's when I brought an Oliver BD in 2001, I now have an Oliver BD a Cletrac BDH and another BDH for parts and have just brought a 1919 model H. I also have a british built Track Marshall 90.  Always keen to hear from fellow collectors.