Main Menu
Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - JohnKa

#1
HG, OC-3, OC-4 & General / OC3 Pictures
September 07, 2010, 09:46:58 PM
Could some of you who have OC3's upload some pictures of the transmission area.  I need to see what an original setup would be for the foot rests, battery location and guage layout.  If you can't upload, please email to mailto:jkamerer@centurytel.net">jkamerer@centurytel.net
thanks
#2
HG, OC-3, OC-4 & General / Re: OC-3 42 195x?
September 04, 2010, 01:39:53 AM
thanks I'll fax him and ask for the tips.  jk
#3
HG, OC-3, OC-4 & General / Re: OC-3 42 195x?
September 02, 2010, 07:11:25 PM
Landis Zimmermen says I have a 1952  OC 3-42  Thanks.
#4
HG, OC-3, OC-4 & General / Re: OC-3 42 195x?
August 31, 2010, 03:41:31 PM
Thanks,  Robert.  I'll give that a try.
#5
HG, OC-3, OC-4 & General / Re: OC3 Brake Lever
August 31, 2010, 02:04:02 AM
to load an image from your computer look at the bottom of the screen below the message box.  you'll see upload attachment.  try it this way.  You wiil need to know the "path" or location of you file. but you can "browse" for that.  I would like to see those pictures as I'm putting a OC3 back together and the previous owner rigged up a special seat and moved the levers forward and cut the original rods.  I ordered new ones from Zimmerman today.

johnka
#6
HG, OC-3, OC-4 & General / Re: OC-3 42 195x?
August 31, 2010, 01:50:29 AM
I'm now trying to time the governor flyweight to the can gear - is there a trick to do this?
I have a  "'2"' marked on one tooth and a open tooth and then a"3".  
I assume there is a mark on the cam gear?  Does bringing #1 to TDC make this mark visable?

thanks  johnka
#7
HG, OC-3, OC-4 & General / OC-3 42 195x?
August 30, 2010, 07:19:14 PM
I just bought a OC3-42 and trying to figure out the year.  I'll upload a couple of photos that my help.  there was no tag behind the carb.  Has a Anderson Blade.  thanks  johnka
#8
I have one of the best NAPA :P  stores there could be.  Bunch of old guys and most of them restore old cars, trucks, tractors and crawlers.  So, when I have silly questions they ususaly have the answers and the part numbers in their heads.  Great NAPA store Gig Harbor, Wa.
I just today bought a OC 3 1951 serial # 11WH420.   So, that means I'll have questions.  I have restored a 1951 D4 7A CAT, 1948 Allis Chalmers B, Farmall Cub 1948 and a Ford 8N 1950.  Helped a lot of locals with their JD's but don't own one yet.