Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - mjank

#1
Thank you Doug.  By all means take your time.  I have plenty of projects to keep me busy.  I'll be patiently waiting.
#2
Larry P, that would be great.  As a matter of fact, my parents still live on route 305 in Cortland or more appropriately Bazetta township just west of Mosquito Lake.  Depending on which route you take it may be more convenient for you.  I'll patiently wait to hear from Doug.  Once again, thanks to all.
#3
I just wanted to thank everyone for the help and input.  You guys truly make this forum an invaluable resource.  Doug,  I'm originally from Cortland, Ohio and moved out here to NM five years ago.  My brother lives in Southington, Ohio and is putting that pallet together at his place of business in Solon, Ohio.  We looked through Burgh's and only managed to find the proper final drive shaft and outer cover.  The crawler we targeted for final drive parts unfortunately was cobbled together with parts from an HG and even an OC-4.  This is similar to what happened to my crawler. Some HG parts with broken castings etc.  I'm trying to get back to an original all OC-3 rear end with good unbroken castings for my restoration.  A lot of the following information is based on my personal observations and conversations with the Zimmermans. Concerning the housing, if you can't read the casting number of 118127 you should get a measurement of 14-3/4" or 14-7/8" if you measure at the top of the housing from the final drive housing end minus the cover to the mounting surface that would mount to the frame.  Early OC-3 42s, HG-42s, and even OC-4s will measure approximately 15-1/8" - 15-1/4".   The bull gear casting number of 117593 will be facing you when you pull that cover.  On mine it is located on the rough casting dished out area between the gear and the hub/studs.  The casting number is embossed/raised with numbers that are about a 1/4" high.  I believe that lip that you see on the hub of the bull gear I posted a picture of is an indicator that it is an OC-3 bull gear and hub assembly.  The HG hubs I've seen have the casting number on the opposite side and don't have that lip.  Therefore, they use a different dust shield and shorter trunnion.  Like I said,  if it's easier I'd take the final drive unit as a whole. I also am looking for a hood in nice shape.  Mine has a huge  cutout for access to the sparkplugs.  It can be repaired, but if I can find a nice used solid hood with minimal work needed I'd be interested.  I also have a loader on my crawler with the hydraulic reservoir mounted in front of the radiator, so if the hood is cut out for this that would be ok.  My personal email is kujo540@yahoo.com if this helps.  Once again, thank you for all your help.
#4
I have the final drive shaft with the gear and bearings.  I also have the cover plate with the dust shields. I need the bull gear with the hub assembly casting # 117593 and the 14-3/4" cast iron housing with casting #118127.  I almost bought a complete unit, however upon inspection before shipping we discovered a broken bull gear tooth and discovered it was the longer incorrect housing from an HG.  With that being said, I would take a complete unit if it's easier for the seller as long as it has been inspected for imperfections such as broken gears or broken castings, and verified to be the correct one.  Or I would take a bare housing and bull gear assembly if the parts are lying around.  I do have a pallet of parts standing by that will eventually be shipped from Solon, OH. 44139.  I can add to that pallet if you could ship the parts there.  I'm willing to spend some money to get the parts and have them eventually shipped to my zip of 88011, however it just needs to be reasonable.  My contact number is 575-202-6856 if this helps.  Thank you.
#5
Zimmerman is an incredible resource for both parts and knowledge.  One of the problems is that I'm on the opposite side of the country.  The other problem is that he has only rebuilt units for sale.  This unit with shipping would be well above what the tractor is worth.  I've managed to track down some pieces of the final drive such as the drive shaft, outer cover, and miscellaneous parts.  What I need is the shorter 14-3/4" final drive housing that was used with the OC-3s with the extended frames that were implemented in mid 1952 or so. The casting number should be 118127.  I also need the bull gear and hub assembly with casting # 117593. I've attached a picture of this part.  I have been told that these parts should be common for the OC-3, however I've had some bad luck with my used parts resources.  Any help would be greatly appreciated to get this machine up and running again. Thanks.
#6
Hello, I am looking for one good final drive assembly for the OC-3 with the lengthened frame.  Any help or leads would be greatly appreciated.  Please email or call 575-202-6856.  Thanks, Mike.
#7
Hello Everyone! I have an OC3 I'm refurbishing and ran into a bit of an issue.  My right final drive appears to have been changed out at one time with an HG final drive.  I wanted to remove it because one of the mounting bolt flanges to the differential is busted.  When I removed the dust shield the trunnion nut was off the spindle threads and in the dust shield.  No matter what I did I could only push the trunnion in far enough to see a couple of threads for the trunnion nut.  I checked the other side and noticed that the spindle thread length is approximately 2-1/8" but this HG final drive spindle has only 1-3/4" length of thread.  The HG spindle doesn't appeared sheared off or damaged in any way.  I took the final drive apart and didn't see any problems/issues that would solve the dilemma. As a side note, I have no clue if the previous owner used the HG final drive internals or the original OC3 internals. I've read on this forum that there were different final drive designs for the HG.  Is it possible that some HG final drives aren't interchangeable to the OC3? Thanks in advance for any input. 
#8
Hello everyone.  Trying to track down a good or repairable fuel tank for a model W.  I believe some H tanks and 20K tanks will also work.  Landis does not currently have one.  Any leads would be greatly appreciated.  Email kujo540@yahoo.com or call 575-202-6856.  Thank you in advance for any help.