new member

Started by philippe, January 04, 2007, 12:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

philippe

hello,

My name is philippe LEROY,I'm a french student and I'm interested Crawler tractors, and more by cletrac. I own the model F you can see on the site.

I recently had a discussion with a person about my model F. I think mine was equiped with a winch but this person doesn't think so. I join a photo of a model F and a model W equiped with a winch.  these photos come from a book:" the story of crawler tractors in France".

on the model F, you can note there is a strange undercarriage, have you ever seen one like that?

http://servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=2&u=10065100

http://servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=1&u=10065100

http://servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=3&u=10065100

thanks for your suggestions
philippe

Jack Janzen

#1
Leroy - That's a strange looking model F from your book.  Awhile back I posted a message called "Carl's Model F String of Pearls"  I included a link to the Copyright for the Cletrac F.  It shows a rear idler wheel like Carls in the photo page of this site.  His is different than the others.  The one from your book is really different.  Maybe Cletrac was trying different undercarriages for the F and finally settled on the simplest version.  I don't even see a "string of pearls" on the one from your book.  Good luck with your research.  -Jack

Blake Malkamaki

#2
There were different track frames and configurations for models F's. I knew a guy who had one with a different track frame on each side.

Blake
My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.