Anybody know if a Tillotson P2A carb will work on an AG?

Started by fightinfire, January 26, 2007, 05:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

fightinfire

I know it's supposed to have a P1C, but I found a P2A new old stock and they look identical. Anybody come across this before?

rustyiron2

#1
The parts book list the P1C as a replacement for the P1A and P1B. But says nothing on the 2's. I have been looking for a P1 a,b or c as well. If you find out that the P2A works let me know.
Wade

fightinfire

#2
I'm in the process of painting the tractor right now, as soon as I get the engine back together I will try the P2A to see how it runs. They look identical except for the throttle lever which I intend to just use tho old one anyway, but I don't know if the jets are different sizes. I will take it apart to see if the float is the same as the P1C, because the one I have is leaking. I'll keep you posted