I.D. An OC-3 Eng #

Started by OlliePop, April 16, 2005, 10:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

OlliePop

Hi to all, I'm new to the Forum, but not to Olliver or Cle-trac, I just traded for a 1953 OC-3 by the # on the Frame rail, I think it may have had a engine swap at 1 time or another, but Maybe not, the motor is a slight shade of yellow different than the rest of the crawler, I just got the #  from behind the magneto, 52453, then L with 2 small Zero's attached on eachside of the upright leg, 74B or 8, it's hard to make the last #'s I.D.,
maybe 1 of you Gent's with more experience than I can tell me if it's a 1953 or not, I have no Title, the eng. has a waterpump, Wico Mag., Schebler Carb,a Oliver intake manifold, the frame has flare's for the bell housing, and it has 2 piece, bolted together front Sprocket,
Thank's,
OlliePop

John Schwiebert

#1
On the other side of the engine near the center lengthwise there is a flat spot milled on the block. Unless it is just a replacement block on this flat spot will be stamped the engine model and engine serial number. Do you have a serial number for the tractor?
John Schwiebert

OlliePop

#2
Hi John, Thank's for the quick comeback on the # info, the tractor #, if it's on the frame rail about where your feet go on the outside of the rail is covered by a partial belley pan that protect's the tran's/axel area,
I did find the Eng. # after some serious scraping, bout 3 layer's of old paint, here's the info, above : 2476408 Below : IXB3
I've been reading your archive's, WOW !, There's a Goldmine of info logged in aready, i'm really enjoying the older posting's.
Thank's again,
OlliePop

John Schwiebert

#3
What serial number do you have. IXB is the correct engine for a late HG and all OC-3  models. I was thinking OC-3 numbers were on the bell housing. Do you have a wide crawler? Time to go farm. Later if it rains.
John Schwiebert

OlliePop

#4
Thank's John, I just got the Crawler in a trade, it has a few thing's wrong with it, a bad starter, no governor linkage to the carb, and it could use a good tune/up and service job.
I need to buy a set of manual's for it, but could not find a tractor Serial # on the thing, i know it was on the bellhousing at 1 time, it's gone, no # on the frame rail, But with a lot of scraping was able to find eng. # which seem's to tell me it's a 1953 or 54 model eng. which would match the rest of the Crawler's feature's.
Thank's to all the great  info on this site I now know what manual's to order for my OC-3,
Thank's, will post a pic or 2 in the next day or so,
OlliePop