How much oil in E transmission

Started by Blake Malkamaki, July 11, 2006, 09:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Blake Malkamaki

I don't have my books handy, so does anyone know offhand how much oil the Cletrac E transmission holds? It would be the same as an A, except the A transmission oil goes into the final drives too.

I'm going to pick up some SAE 50 non-detergent tomorrow in Titusville.

Thanks,
Blake
My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.

walter hudson

#1
My instruction book says:trans. case 6 gal.,each rear wheel gear housing 2 qts.
 If you are able, post a few pictures from your local show.
                                                     Walter

Blake Malkamaki

#2
Thanks Walter.

I'm just getting 5 gallons of oil tomorrow - mostly for the track frame reservoirs for the lower track wheels. I'll change the transmission later on.

You can see some past pictures from our show at http://little-mountain.com/pioneer/Pages/2004pics.html - the year we hosted the Historical Construction Equipment Association has lots of pics.

Eventually I should get some pictures from this year up too.

Blake
My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.