CLETRAC H MODLE

Started by GARTH CARRIER, August 11, 2006, 12:27:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

GARTH CARRIER

HEY TO ALL;  I'M A NEW CLETRAC OWNER (1918 H MODLE). HOPEFULLY SOMEBODY CAN HELP ME.  MY TRACTOR NEEDS NEW STEERING  BAND LINING, WHAT MATERIAL IS USED, WHAT TRANS/DIFF OIL IS NEEDED?
THANKS GARTH

Blake Malkamaki

#1
I moved your post into the right place Garth.

The later Cletracs used 50 wt non-detergent motor oil in the transmission and final drives, as well as in the upper and lower track wheels and idlers. Since everything inside the H is pretty much the same, I would assume they would use the same oil.

The original lining was called Scandinavian 022. I don't know if it's available anymore, but there are soft linings out there that will work. Zimmerman's sells a lining with copper wire in it, but I would be very cautious about using something with metal as it will ultimately get into the bearings and gears.

Blake
My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.