radiator what works

Started by brokeagain, May 12, 2004, 02:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

brokeagain

Hello, I know a 9n clutch assemlbe fits and a vega cluch disc works great.

What radiator from another application might pop rite on?
model a ford 2n 9n ????
thanks
ed:)

brokeagain

#1
by the way this is an hg 42
ed;)

Bill Seal

#2
I got a Honda (Civic, I think) radiator from a radiator shop, welded up some brackets, mounted it backwards, and used some LONG flex hoses around to the front.

Blake Malkamaki

#3
Why backwards?
My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.

Bill Seal

#4
They didn't line up, especially the top one, and the fire dept was on my case about weed abatement around my place.

Blake Malkamaki

#5
If the tanks are brass, it shouldn't be too hard to relocate the top and bottom fittings and resolder them.
My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.

Bill Seal

#6
I remember now, the radiator was so short, the outlets wouldn't have cleared the fan. Anyway, it works really well, and as I said, I was in a rush.

Blake Malkamaki

#7
I can understand that. You have to use what you have or can get.

I had a Cat Ten that some kids had once used the radiator as a backstop for they BB gun targets. It was litterally half gone. All the front tubes were shot.

I took the tanks off and used bondo to fill the ends of all the tubes that were shot. It worked and it never got hot. Probably had 1/3 of the total radiator area there.

Good luck.
My gramps Howard van Driest was Experimental Engineer at Cletrac and Oliver Corporation. After the plant closed, he and my uncle started an excavating business, initially using Cletrac and Oliver Crawler tractors. Please help Support This Site and give your business exposure by buying a business card sized ad.